One of the few nephrologists who perform percutaneous CAPD catheter insertions,Renal tissue USG guided biopsies,AVF mappings doppler guided interventions.Special areas of interest include CAPD,renal imaging and transplantation.
- MBBS and MD (Internal Medicine) -Kasturba Medical College Manipal.
- DNB Nephrology - Meenakshi Mission Hospital and Research Centre, Madurai under the guidance of Dr K Sampath Kumar.
- One of the few nephrologists who perform percutaneous CAPD catheter insertions.
- Special areas of interest include CAPD, renal imaging and transplantation.
- Awarded the first prize in the ECFMG pathology - pharmacology elocution contest in 1997.
- Won the best poster presentation award for lA great mimic - PUO' at KAPICON held at Hubli, May2002.
- Won the best paper(platform) award for 'A great mimic - PUO' at 58th APICON held at Varanasi, January 2003.
- Won the Gold Medal for the best poster for the paper 'Extended release nicotinic acid - a novel oral agent for phosphorus control in hemodialysis patients' at the ISNSC conference in Kovalam February 2006.
- He has presented a number of papers at various state, zonal and national conferences and has a number of international and national publications to his credit.