PVS Institute Of Psychiatry
- Assessment and Management of all psychiatric and behavioral problems in children, adults and elderly.
- Multi-disciplinary approach to problems and patient oriented care.
- Inpatient facilities
- Treatment for wide range of psychiatric illnesses including schizophrenia, depression, mood disorders, anxiety, phobia, OCD and adjustment disorders.
- Management of stress related difficulties.
- Deaddiction for substance use disorders.
- Management of alcohol addiction in liaison with the departments of gastroenterology and neurology.
- Smoking cessation.
- Counseling for marital discord and sexual problems.
- Management of anxiety related to medical illness like cancer, gastric problems and neurological illness.
- Psychological issues related to infertility, pregnancy and post partum periods.
- Problems associated with old age including memory impairment, behavioral changes, dementia, sleep disturbance.
Child PsychiatryDepartment Highlights
- Assesment and management of childhood problems of depression, anxiety, phobias(exam fear, social phobia, specific phobias).
- Management of hyperactivity, decreased school performance, poor concentration, increased use of mobile phones/internet, school refusal etc.
- Management of behavioral problems associated with mental retardation, autism.
- Assessment and management if issues related to substance/medication misuse.
- Expert team of 3 Psychiatrists (2 male doctors and a female doctor), clinical psychologist and counselor (psychiatric social worker).
- Facility to carry out essential tests/investigations as required.
- Use of counseling methods (psychotherapy) for treatment and medications used only if indicated.
- Multidisciplinary approach to the concerned problem.