PVS Department Of Neonatal & Paediatric Surgery
The Neonatal & Pediatric Surgery department provides 24 hour cover for any emergency. This is one of the pioneers in pediatric surgery in the state of Kerala. The First state-of-the-art tertiary neonatal surgical centre in Kerala. The department provides round- the-clock cover for all pediatric surgical emergencies. On an average, the department performs 300 pediatric surgical procedures annually, including endoscopic procedures. The team consists of 2 qualified Pediatric surgeons and 8 Pediatricians & Neonatologists.
- On an average, the department performs 300 pediatric surgical procedures annually, including endoscopic procedures.
- Laparascopic procedures are routinely done undescended testes, appendicectomy, ovarian cysts, intestinal obstructions, achalasia cardia, Ano rectal malformation, nephrectomy etc.
- Thoracoscopic procedures for decortications, excision of tumours, repair of eventeration of diaphragm etc.
- Bronchoscopic procedures for removal of foreign bodies and bronchoscopic biopsies.
- Cysto-urethroscopy for fulguration of PU valve.
- Open surgical procedures routinely done:We have one of the largest numbers of trachea-esophageal fistula and diaphragmatic hernia repair done in the state.
- Repair of intestinal atresia, correction of anorectal malformations, surgical procedures for Hirschsprung’s disease.
- Pediatric urological procedures like pyeloplasty, uteric re-implantation, repair of hypospadias.
- Thiracotomy and excision of cystadenamatoid malformation of lung and lobectomy etc.
- Hydrostatic reduction (non-operative) of intussusceptions.
Daily OP: Monday to Friday 4 pm -6 pm - Dr. M G Joy Wednesday & Saturday 10 am-12 noon - Dr. P.S. Binu
Major operations: Monday, Thursday & Friday