Dr. Johny VF
DCH, MD, PGPN
- MBBS (Including 1Yr of Internship) 1992; Government Medical College, Calicut, Kerala, India
- DCH (Diploma in Child Health) 1996; Government Medical College, Calicut.
- MD (Paediatrics): 1997; Government Medical College, Calicut, Kerala, India.
- AUSTRALIAN MEDICAL COUNCIL: Licensing exam: Part 1 & 2 completed in November 2010.
- PGPN (Post Graduate Program in Pediatric Nutrition) : 2014: Boston University.
- Patent DuctusArteriosus Ligation and Post-operative Hemodynamic Instability: Case Report and Framework for Enhanced Neonatal Care; Sehgal A, Johny V Francis, James A, McNamara PJ. Indian J Pediatrics 2010 77(8) : 905-907
- Respiratory and cardiovascular morbidity in the first 48 hours post surgical ligation of the patent ductusarteriosus. JohnyVakayil Francis, S.Padmanabhan, L.Jacques, J. Courtot, A. Sehgal. Journal of Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine Vol. 4, no.1, 2011.
- Dry Lung Syndrome: A Distinct Clinical Entity. Sehgal A. J.Vakayil Francis, H. Ang. Indian J Pediatr. 2010, 77:1029-1031.
- Preoperative staging of patent ductusarteriosus correlates with postoperative haemodynamic instability. SK Padmanabhan, Johny V Francis, G Whiteley, PJ McNamara, ASehgal. Archives of Disease in Childhood 2010; 95:A88; doi 10.1136/adc.2010.186338.194
- Use of MilrinoneIn The Management Of Haemodynamic Instability Following Duct Ligation. Sehgal A, JV Francis, Anthony Lewis. European Journal of Pediatrics 2011. 170: 115-119
- Occlusive aortic arch thrombus in a preterm neonate. JohnyVakayil Francis, Paul Monagle, Sarah Hope, ArvindSehgal. Pediatric Critical Care Medicine 2010 Jan;11(1):e13-5
- Interpreting positive cultures of endotracheal aspirates: Factors associated with treatment decisions in ventilated neonates. F Murila, Johny V Francis et al., Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health 47 (10):728-33. DOI: 10.1111/j.1440-1754.2011.02041
- Anesthetic challenges in managing a case of type III laryngo-tracheo-esophageal cleft. Dr. NishaRajmohan, Dr. Johny V Francis. Dr.HassyPrakasam. Journal of AnaesthesiologyClinPharmacol. 2012 Oct- Dec; 28(4): 514 – 516
- Hemodynamic alterations associated with polycythemia and partial exchange transfusion. A.Sehgal, Johny V Francis. Journal of Perinatology 31, 143 (February 2011).
- Renal failure from obstructive fungal mycetoma, and fungal sepsis in an infant. Mohan Abraham, TonnyMampilly, Johny.V.F. Indian Pediatrics 2002; 39: 769-772
- Images in Clinical Practice: “Infantile Cortical Hyperostosis” (Caffey’s Disease). Rajesh Varma, Johny.V.F. - Indian Pediatrics 2002; 39 (11):1057
- Best Clinical Care Report-Cochin Clinical Society,India in 2001.
- Award for the Best Paper in IAP-Kerala State 26th Annual Conference,held at Kollam,India in 1995.
- March 2006 to Feb 2011: Clinical Fellow, Newborn Services, Monash Medical Centre, Clayton, Victoria.
- Dec. 2004 – Feb 2006: Clinical Fellow, Neonatology &Paediatrics, King’s College Hospital, London
- July 2002 – November 2004: Registrar in Neonatology, Monash Medical Center, 246, Clayton, Victoria, 3168. Australia
I also have been working with ‘Newborn Emergency Transport Service
- (NETS), Victoria, Australia and has been involved in transfer of nearly 25 sick neonates during this period.
- Sept: 2001 – May 2002: Junior Consultant in Paediatrics and Neonatology, P.V.S.Memorial Hospital, Kaloor, Ernakulam.
- Aug. 2000 – Aug 2001: Registrar in Pediatrics and Neonatology, P.V.S.Memorial Hospital, Kaloor, Ernakulam.