Dr. Urmila has 16 years of experience in Gynaec Laparoscopy and presently holding position of Treasurer- Cochin Obstetric And Gynaecological Society 2015. Her special area of interest is all advanced Gynaec laparoscopic procedures including reconstructionsurgeries. Regularly doing all advanced Gynaec Laparoscopic Procedures like Lap Pelvic Floor Repair, Lap Surgeries In Endometriosis with frozen pelvis, Tubal Recanalisation, Lap Hysterectomy in large size uterus and Previous Surgery
- MBBS PSG Institute Of Medical Sciences,Coimbatore
- DGO Govt Medical College ,Kottayam
- DNB Govt Medical College ,Kottayam
- DMAS Diploma In Minimal Access Surgery (Keil Germany )
- MNAMS in Medical College Kottayam 2003
- FICOG in Indian College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology 2013
- Laparoscopic Consultant & Surgeon(From August 2013 Onwards )
- Senior Consultant Gynecologist & Laproscopic Surgeon, Co-Coordinator DNB Course.(From April 2007 Onwards: -6 Years) - Little Flower Hospital & Research CenterE, Angamaly, Ernakulam 900 Bedded Super Speciality HospitalL
- Consultant Gynecologist & Laproscopic Surgeon(From 2001 to 2007- 7 Years) - Muthoot Medical Center, Kozhencherry, Pathanamthitta.
- Post Graduate Student in Medical College Kottayam-Two Years for DGO,one year for DipNB (O&G)(From 1997 to 2000: -3 Years)) .
- As RMO in the department of O & G at Anwar Memorial hospital, Alwaye (From 1995 to 1997 - 2 Years)
- For the last sixteen years after undergoing advanced training in gynaec laparoscopic surgery, i have been doing laparoscopic gynaec surgeries regularly.
- Done more than 5000 laparoscopic gynaec surgeries which include total laparoscopic hysterectomy, laparoscopic sacrocolpopexy, laparoscopic sacrohysteropexy, laparoscopic pelvicfloor repair, laparoscopic khannas sling, laparoscopic burch colposuspension, laparoscopic myomectomy, laparoscopic oophorectomy, laparoscopic salphingectomy, laparoscopic tubal recanalisation, laparoscopic adhesiolysis .
- From 2004 i have been doing transvaginal tape procedures for urinary stress incontinence and laparoscopic pelvic reconstructive surgeries using mesh on a regular basis.
- Tocolytic effects on ritodrine in preterm labour comparative study with nitro glycerine patches
- 15 days advanced laparoscopy and hysteroscopy training in gynaec surgeries conducted by the cochin gynaecological endoscopic training centre 2001 (dr. p.g. paul)
- advanced training in seol, south korea, successfully completed 3 day training in treatment of incontinence (tvt &tvt-o) and pelvic floor repair in seol, south korea august 2005.
- training in hysterolaparoscopy at ethicon institute of surgical eduction in may 2006 at madras.
- hands on operative workshop in reconstructive pelvic surgery in 2008 and 2009 by institute of social obstetrics and govt. kasturba gandhi hospital and urogynecology and reconstructive pelvic surgery society of india, chennai.
- 15 days advanced laparoscopy and hysteroscopy training in gynaec endoscopic surgeries by keil school of endoscopy ,germany in may 2015
- advanced training in minimally invasive gynaecological surgery ,ircad institute, strassbourg ,france in march 2016.