Dr. Sujit Jos
MBBS, MS Orth, MCH Orth, MRCS Ed, Fellow’ ArthroplastyView More
Dr Sujit Jos is a Consultant of Orthopaedics in the division of Joint Replacement and Sports Medicine with more than 10 years experience in the field. He has had trainings from the best Orthopedic centres in Europe, Far East and India. Rated among the top Joint Replacement and Sports Medicine surgeons of Kerala he has a track record of thousands of successful joint replacement and Arthroscopic surgeries in patients from India and abroad using the latest technology including Computer Navigation and Patient Specific Instrumentation for Joint replacement surgeries.
He did his graduation from the Government medical college Trivandrum, and post graduation from LLRM Govt medical College in North India, followed by MRCS Ed from the University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom and Fellowship in Joint Replacements from Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad which was one of the largest Joint replacement centres in India. Dr Jos has undergone trainings from various Orthopaedic centres around the world including Belgium, the Knee centre in Leuven, Gwangju, S.Korea, Cadaveric Joint replacement lab, Chiangmai, Thailand & Arthroscopy skills centre, York. Dr Jos is trained in minimally invasive and navigated (computer based) joint replacements. He is skilled in arthroscopic complex shoulder surgeries including Rotator cuff repairs, Instability surgeries for recurrent dislocation of the shoulder joint, arthroscopic ligament reconstruction and meniscus surgeries in the knee joint, and keyhole correction of complex wrist pathologies. Dr Jos is skilled with preservation of the meniscus doing repairs saving the meniscus and does cartilage transplant surgeries. He was one of the first few surgeons in India to use the advanced Knee replacement system Triathlon which is a highly conforming single radius design made for the younger higher demand arthritic knee. He was a Gold medalist in the MS Orth examination, Best out-going student from a prestigious school in Trivandrum and was the winner of All Kerala quiz competition of Kerala Orthopaedic association. He is an active member of several professional bodies, and has participated in various national and international meets. He has been part of the executive committee of Kerala Orthopaedic association for many years and has been part of organizing many national events in Kerala. He is actively involved in organizing the National Orthopaedic conference at Kochi and the lead organizer for Shoulder Arthroscopy workshop during that event. He has been faculty in many national and international events including Cadaveric workshops and surgeons training of AO International, and has been guest speaker in various National and International events.
- Complex Primary and Revision Hip and Knee replacement
- Minimally Invasive Subvastus Knee Replacement
- Anterolateral approach to the Hip Joint
- Shoulder Arthroscopic repairs of Rotator cuff, Dislocation surgeries, Arthroscopic Adhesiolysis for Stiff Shoulders
- Wrist arthroscopy for TFCC tears, Keinbock disease
- Hip Arthroscopy for Femoroacetabular Impingement and Labral tears
Awards And Recognitions
- Awarded with Gold Medal for the Best Performance in Theory and Practical Examinations for MS Orthopaedics Degree Examination, L.L.R.M. Medical College (ChaudharyCharan Singh University), Meerut, India, for the year 2005-’06.
- Best out-going Student Award, Christ Nagar English Medium School, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India for the year 1990-’91.
- Winner in the Quiz competition at 29th Annual conference of Kerala Orthopaedic Association, Palakkad , 1999.
- Executive Committee member of Kerala Orthopaedic Association – IT Secretary (Information technology) – Elected to Office from Jan 2010 to 2013 ; Webmaster for KOACON 2011, State Conference.
- Executive Committee member of Cochin Orthopaedic Society – Webmaster– Elected to Office from June 2009.
- Honorable Judge at the PK Surendran Memorial Gold medal paper presentation at the Kerala Orthopaedic Association annual conference KOACON 2010 .
- Executive Committee member – Website in-charge and web-designer -of OASIS (Orthopaedic Association of the South Indian States) and OASISCON 8th Annual conference, Sept 2009, Kochi, Kerala and OASISCON 10th Annual Conference, Sept 2011, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
- Instructor at AO foundation, Switzerland, Principles of Operative fracture management for Orthopaedic Surgeons and Operating Room personnel, Kochi, July 2011
- Instructor at CAPE (Centre for Academic and Practical Excellence) under Kerala Orthopaedic Association Basic Hip Arthroplasty CME and Bioskill training 4th March 2012
Faculty at International Society for Knowledge for Surgeons in Arthroplasty& Arthroscopy
- Advanced Fellowship in Joint replacements – ZNA Middelheim, Antwerp, Belgium with renowned surgeons Dr Karl Brabants and Dr Mertens
- Fellowship in Joint Replacements – with the renowned Joint replacement surgeon Dr AV Gurava Reddy at Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad
- AO Advances in Operative Fracture Management Certification -from AO foundation, Switzerland – conducted atNew Delhi, India, April 16-18, 2009
- AO Principles in Operative Fracture Management Certification-from AO foundation, Switzerland–conducted at Cochin, India, Sept 20-22, 2007
- Basic Trauma Life Support (BTLS) Certification– Conducted by American Heart Association at Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi, India, 17-18th Nov 2005
- Basic Life Support (BLS)Certification– Conducted by American Heart Association atLadyHardinge Medical College, New Delhi, India, 16th Nov 2005.
- Advanced Arthroscopy Cadaveric Workshop, Sri Ramachandra University, Chennai, 22,23 June 2013
- Advanced Shoulder Arthroscopy Instructional Course, York, United Kingdom, 23-24 April 2015
- Robotic Unicondylar knee and Revision hip replacement visitation, Prince Charles & Holy Spirit Hospitals, Brisbane, Australia, March 2016
Fellowships & Memberships
- Medical Council of India – Reg. No. 28669
- Travancore- Cochin Medical Council – Reg. No. 27981
- Indian Orthopaedic Association (IOA) – Life Member (Ref No:6882)
- Kerala Orthopaedic Association (KOA)– Life Member (LM 735)
- Cochin Orthopaedic Society (COS)- Life Member (LM 123)
- Indian Arthroscopy Society (IAS)–Life Member (LM 1926)
- Indian Medical Association (IMA) – Life Member (LM1699)
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) – International Affiliate Member (ID1249691)