Dr. Shyama specialized in Adult and Pediatric Neurology with areas of interest lie in stroke, epilepsy, headaches including migraine, movement disorders, neuro infections and neuro critical care. Specialized in injecting Botulinum Toxin for various movement disorders.
- MBBS Govt Medical College, Alappuzha
- MD – Govt Medical College, Calicut
- DM (Neurology) – Govt Medical College Alappuzha
- Senior Resident in Neurology - TD Medical College, Alappuzha (Aug 2012-July 2015)
- Senior Resident - Govt. Medical College, Calicut (May 2007- May 2010)
- Shyma et al - Calf heads on a trophy sign: Miyoshi myopathy Published in Journal of Neurosciences in Rural Practice.
- Shyma et al - Nummular headache: Clinico-epidemiological features in South Indian population in Journal of Neurosciences in Rural Practice.
- Shyma et al – Hypnic headache: A rare primary headache syndrome in an Indian population with mini review of literature in Neurology India.
Fellowships & Memberships
- Membership in American Academy of Neurology
- Membership in Kerala Association of Neurology
- Indian Academy of Neurology
- Life member of the IMA
- Etioclinical profile of patients with Thunderclap headaches in a tertiary care center - A case series study
- Safety and Efficacy of Montelukast in Children with persistent asthma