Dr. Rajesh completed his MCh.in Neurosurgery at the prestigious Sri Ramachandra University in Chennai. He was Asst. Professor in Neurosurgery in Jubilee Mission Medical College Hospital, Thrissur. He was consultant Neurosurgeon at KIMS from 2011 to 2016. He has excellent skills in the management of Neurotrauma and Spine. He is also accomplished in management of Cerebrovascular disorders, Cerebellopontine and Posterior fossa tumours, Brain and spine tumours, peripheral nerve disorders, craniofacial and CV junction anomalies etc.
Previous positions held:
- Registrar Neurosurgery, 2004 – 2005, Jubilee Mission Hospital, Thrissur
- Resident, 2005 – 2008, Sri Ramachandra Hospital, Chennai
- Assistant Professor, 2008 – 2011, Jubilee Mission Hospital, Thrissur
- Consultant Neurosurgeon, 2011 – 2016, KIMS Kochi
- Neurological Society of India (NSI)
- NSI, Kerala Chapter
- Neuro Spinal Surgeons Association of India
- Indian Medical Association
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons (USA)
Neurosurgery services offered at PVS Memorial Hospital:
- Micro Neurosurgery of intracranial and spinal tumours
- Trans sphenoidal excision of pituitary tumours
- Excision of acoustic neuromas and other CP angle meningiomas.
- Microvasular decompression for trigeminal neuralgia.
- Surgery for intracranial aneurysms and AVMs.
- Surgery for congenital malformation including craniosynostosis, Chiari malformations, syringomyedia, myelomeningocoeles, atlanto axial dislocation, basilar invagination.
- Surgery for peripheral nerve entrapment.
- Surgery for spinal stabilization
- Surgery for spinal canal stenosis, spondylolisthesis and intervertebral disc prolapse (including microlumbardissectomy)
- Cervical micro discectomy and instrumentation
- Surgery for Neurotrauma (Head injury and spine injury).