Dr. Ashok S Komaranchath, is a consultant medical oncologist with special interest in gastrointestinal malignancies, breast cancer and lymphomas. He is a former assistant professor of medicine at Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Kochi. His driving motto in oncology is the old adage "To cure sometimes, to relieve often and to comfort always".
- MBBS : Govt. Medical College, Calicut
- MD(General Medicine) : KMC Manipal
- MRCP(UK) : Royal College of Physicians, London, UK
- DM(Medical Oncology) Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology, Bangalore
- MRCP(Medical Oncology) : Royal College of Physicians, London, UK
- ECMO European Certification in Medical Oncology, Lugano, Switzerland
- Over two years of teaching experience as assistant professor of Medicine at Sree Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences, Aluva and then at Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Kochi.
- FIRST RANK in the DM medical oncology competitive entrance exam at Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology for the academic year 2013-2014
- Won the BEST RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS AWARD at the 33rd ICON (Indian Co-operative Oncology Network) conference at Coimbatore – September 2015 for the topic, “Epstein-Barr Virus DNA levels in Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. Is it prognostically significant?” with a research grant of Rs.300,000/-
- Won the BEST ORAL PRESENTATION AWARD at the GLOBAL CANCER SUMMIT, an international conference held in November 2015 at Bangalore.
- Guest Faculty for the most popular and sought-after MRCP PACES training program in India, “Pass The Paces” held at Chennai and Kochi thrice a year.
- Presented papers and posters in several national and international conferences.
- Over 10 publications in national and international peer-reviewed, indexed medical journals.