PVS Department Anesthesia
The Department of Anesthesia, Pain Management & Critical care is headed by Dr. FRANCIS C MANAVALAN who has 20 years of vast experience in this field of medicine. He is a faculty to various National and International Anesthesia & Critical care conferences and has several publications to his credit. Dr.Francis C Manavalan has excellent skill in neonatal anesthesia and is a member of "smile train" anesthesiologists USA.
He is supported by a team of eight experienced anesthesia consultants and twelve anesthesia technicians. He and his team is committed to finding the best ways to treat patients with care and compassion, during the perioperative period and to treat those with severe pain, whether that be after surgery, chronic or cancer pain.They provide excellent anesthesia care for the patients undergoing all types of surgical procedures.
- The main operation theatre complex in the fifth floor has Pre anesthetic clinic
- Pre-operative Room
- Seven Operation Theatres
- Immediate Recovery Room
- Separate Post-transplant Recovery Rooms
- Two operation theatres for trauma care alone in the first floor
- Three fully equipped theatres for endoscopy anesthesia in the eighth floor
- Obstetric analgesia/painless labour suite
- Cath Lab, CT scan anesthesia
- Separate Surgical, Medical, Nephro, Transplant and Neonatal ICUs
About the Department a brief overview
- We treat our patients and their families with kindness and empathy while attending to their physical and spiritual comfort.
- We anticipate and meet the needs of our patients, physicians, surgeons and co-workers.
- We are honest and direct in our everyday interaction, respecting each other in a professional manner and protecting the confidentiality and privacy of our patients.
- We work as a team, in an efficient and seamless manner, bridging divisions and disciplines, and continuously adapting to the changing health care environment.
- We provide a workplace of positive regard, mutual respect and open communication, which increases confidence in each other, which empowers us to develop and excel.
The anesthesia wing In Operation Theatre has
- State of the art Drager anesthesia work stations.
- Edward’s continous cardiac output monitor.
- 4D Trans Oesophageal Echocardiography.
- Latest anesthetic drugs, comparable with the best of international hospitals.
- TEG machine
- ABG machines
- Braun Nerve stimulators
- Braun Syringe pumps
- SonoSite Ultrasound machines
- Smiths’s Fast flow fluid warmer
- Excellent Philips monitoring equipment
- Philips MP20 monitors
- Ultramodern invasive and noninvasive Drager ventilators
- GE Ultrasound machines
- Philips biphasic defibrillators
- Round the clock availability of Anesthesiologist and well trained and dedicated staff
- We use all high quality, ecofriendly disposable material in Operation theatres, recovery rooms, ICUs etc.
Doctors in Anesthesia Department
Dr. Francis C. Manavalan
DA Incharge, Dept. of Anaesthesiology
Dr. Swethaa Kamath
DA, DNB Anaesthesiologist
Dr. Ashwin Lawrence Luiz
Dr. Tom Thomas
MD Junior Anaesthesiologist